Book a Study Room
There are several study rooms in the Library that are available for study, work, or small group meetings. There is no fee for using these rooms. GPL Cardholders in good standing may make a reservation up to one week in advance. Book online using one of the two links below or reserve a room while inside the Library using the second-floor kiosk. Reservations cannot be made by phone. Study room reservation instructions can be found here, opens a new window.
Second Floor Study Rooms
There are study rooms on the second floor of the Library in the Reference area. Use of these study rooms is intended primarily for adults and teens.
- Reservations require a GPL card in good standing.
- Rooms are available for walk-in use if there are no pending reservations. If a reservation is made by a cardholder, the walk-in patron will be asked to vacate the room.
- Reservations are available in 30-minute increments up to a maximum of two hours, and cardholders are limited to one active reservation at a time.
- Patrons must use the study room they have been assigned to by the reservation system.
- If a reservation has ended and no one has reserved the room, a patron may continue to use the room. If a reservation is made, the patron whose reservation has ended will be asked to vacate the room.
- Reservations are held for 10 minutes past the scheduled time before the room may be released to another user.
- No food is allowed in the study rooms.
- Room capacity limits will be enforced, and furniture should not be moved.
- Paint, glitter, and glue should not be used in the study rooms.
- Most study rooms are equipped with a whiteboard. See Reference/Youth Desk staff to borrow markers.
- Study Rooms 8 and 2 are equipped with a whiteboard and a wall-mounted monitor with Wi-Fi screen sharing.
- Additional use guidelines apply. See the Glenview Public Library Study Room Policy, opens a new window.
Youth Only Study Rooms
There are three Youth Only study rooms in the Youth Services area that are available only for children and their caregivers and teens. There is no fee for using these rooms. GPL cardholders in good standing may make a reservation up to one week in advance. Book online using the link or reserve a room while inside the Library by visiting the Youth Services Desk. Reservations cannot be made by phone.