Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at the Glenview Public Library. The Glenview Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. An employment application will be needed for all positions. Fill out and print an employment application.
The Glenview Public Library enriches, educates, and inspires our diverse community by connecting people to the world of information and ideas. Our work focuses on expanding engagement, visibility, and access with new initiatives and services to improve the Library experience. The Glenview Public Library is dedicated to maintaining a service-focused culture based on kindness and respect where all people feel welcome.
Decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees at the Glenview Public Library are made in a non-discriminatory manner, without regard to race, color, religion, actual or perceived sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation or sexual preference, gender identity, age, marital status, pregnancy status, physical or mental disability (unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the essential functions of the job either with or without a reasonable accommodation), association with a person with a disability, unfavorable discharge from military service or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by state, federal or local law.
Security Monitor (Part-Time, Weekends)
We are seeking an individual to serve as our Security Monitor. This is a Part-Time (6-12 hours per week) position with a work schedule of every Saturday 9:15am to 5:15pm and every other Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. Under the supervision of the Library Experience Director, the Security Monitor maintains patron and staff safety and kindly ensures adherence to library policies and procedures for those in the building and its surroundings.
The pay range for this position is $16-$18/hour depending on qualifications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of this position include:
- Performs regular checks of the Library’s interior and exterior, watching for security and safety concerns in order to create a desirable library environment.
- Interacts with patrons and staff to facilitate adherence to Library policies and procedures.
- Remains alert to emergency situations and interacts with Glenview Police and Fire Departments and other emergency personnel as needed.
- Creates written reports describing security incidents in the Library.
- Communicates with PIC (Person In Charge) and staff about security situations as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous security experience preferred.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, AEDs, other related first responder skills desirable.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative, courteous working relationships with a multicultural/multigenerational staff and patron population.
- Ability to listen, analyze, problem solve, and exercise good judgment when handling both routine and non-routine issues.
- Basic knowledge of first aid and emergency procedures, including knowledge of AEDs and CPR.
- Ability to use basic word processing, email and the Internet.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and stoop on an occasional basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, and ability to reach overhead.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. on an occasional basis.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, opens a new window.
Please reference position code SECURITYM 2022.