GPL provides library materials to teachers and authorized school personnel in public, private, or parochial schools located within the Village of Glenview or District 34 school boundaries for use in their Pre-K through 12th grade classrooms.
Materials checked out are expected to be used in the classroom. Schools are responsible for materials checked out following the rules outlined in the Loan Limits Policy, opens a new window.
Classroom Visits and Field Trips
Bring your students to the Glenview Public Library and see firsthand all we have to offer. We can also come to you and bring our resources to your classroom. Please request Field Trips or Classroom Visits at least two weeks in advance.
Field Trips (grade levels K-5)
Bring your students to the Glenview Public Library to learn about everything the Library has to offer. Field trips are 60 minutes long and include:
- Customized grade-level tour
- Age-appropriate activities
- Interactive games for older kids
Classroom Visits (grade levels K-5)
Library staff come to your classroom to introduce Library resources. Visits are 60 minutes and include:
- A storytime or book talk (can be tied to curriculum, theme, or subject)
- An introduction to age-appropriate, literacy-based, digital content available with a library card (SORA app, Hoopla, Tumblebooks)
- A customized digital resource orientation for your student’s needs (databases, homework help, SORA app, Hoopla)
Learn More About Classroom Visits and Field Trips
GPL comes to you! Classroom visits are made for grades K-2 or grades 3-5 and can be customized for your class. Library staff can:
- Librarians can be mystery readers or do storytimes. The books can be themed to curriculum, unit of study, or just for fun.
- Introduce age-appropriate, literacy based, digital content available with a Library card, such as the SORA app, Hoopla, and Tumblebooks.
- Book talk new titles or themed books (new historical fiction, current book award nominees, rocket science, etc.) All subjects are welcome!
- Customize a digital resource orientation for your student's needs, such as databases, homework help, the SORA app, or hoopla.
Ready to schedule a classroom visit? Fill out this form, opens a new window.
Classroom visits are offered Monday-Thursday, 9 AM-3 PM.
Library field trips are geared toward grades K-2 and grades 3-5.
Grades K-2: Welcome to the Library!
Children will hear a story and participate in exciting activities that introduce them to the Library. Includes a customized grade level tour.
Grades 3-5: The Library can change your life!
Older students will learn how the Library can enhance and enrich their lives through interactive games and hands-on activities, and a customized grade level tour.
Ready to book a tour? Fill out this form, opens a new window.
Field trips are offered:
- Monday: Noon-3:30 PM
- Tuesday: Noon-3:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:30 AM-Noon
- Thursday: Noon-3:30 PM
- Friday: 9:30 AM-3:30 PM
Please request field trips at least two weeks in advance.
Ready to schedule?
Fill out this form to book your classroom visit or field trip.
Resources are available to access with a student, teacher, or personal Glenview Public Library card. School cards cannot be used to log on to databases.
Questions, concerns, or want to reach a K-8 School Services Librarian? Email Kemail@example.com, opens a new window.