Search for materials, place holds, view check-outs, and renew items from the convenience of home with your account. Rather talk with a librarian? Call 847.729.7500 or visit any Library service desk for assistance.
On the top right of glenviewpl.org, click Log In/My Account:
- Click Log In / Register.
- Enter in your barcode (14 digit number on the back of your library card) and password.
- The site will prompt you to register an account.
If you don't know your password, use the "Forgot your Password?" link on the Login page. Click the link, enter your library card number (barcode), and then click Send. You’ll receive an email with instructions on how to change your password. To use this feature, you need to have an email address associated with your account. If you don't have an email address associated with your account, contact the Library at 847.729.7500 to reset your password.
Pick up and return your items without ever leaving your car at our convenient Drive-Up Window and return slots. Enter from Prairie Street.
Checking Out Items FAQs
- Visit glenviewpl.org and log in to My Account at the top right-hand side of the page.
- Search for your item and click “Place a Hold.”
- Select a pickup location: “Glenview” to pick up at the hold shelves in the Library or “Glenview Drive Up Window.”
- Click “Place Hold.”
- Call 847.729.7500 to place a hold with a librarian.
- Mention if you would like to pick up your hold in the Library or at the Drive-Up Window.
Loan periods depend on the item as noted in the table below. Most items will automatically renew up to 2 times, with a few exceptions (noted below) or if the item is on hold by another patron.
Item Loan Period Auto Renew New DVDs & Blu-rays (excluding TV series, Non-Fic, Binge Boxes) 1 week No Library of Things - Backyard Theater Bundle (Limit 1, only GPL patrons ages 18+) 1 week No DVDs & Blu-rays 2 weeks Yes New DVDs & Blu-rays (TV series, Non-Fic, Binge Boxes) 2 weeks No J Kit Preschool 2 weeks Yes J Kit STEAM items 2 weeks No Launchpads 2 weeks No Playaway View 2 weeks No Videogames 2 weeks Yes Library of Things (Limit 1, only GPL patrons ages 18+) 2 weeks No Hot Picks Books (Limit 5) 3 weeks No Books & Audiobooks 3 weeks Yes Playaways 3 weeks Yes Book/CD Sets (Youth) 3 weeks Yes Music CDs & Records 3 weeks Yes Magazines 3 weeks No Tales & Travel Memory Kit 3 weeks Yes Umbrellas 3 weeks Yes ADA Assistive Devices 3 weeks Yes Book Discussion in a Bag 6 weeks Yes
There are two pick up locations for holds:
- Open hold shelves in the Library (to the left of the Circulation Desk)
- Drive-Up Window (vehicle entry off Prairie Street)