Quarterly Local Author Meet & Greet
Tuesday, January 10, 7-8 PM • Lobby
GPL is committed to supporting local authors who have a connection to the Glenview community and who would like to share their books with the public. Stop by to meet authors and explore their work.
Interested in participating? Fill out the form below.
Featured Local Authors
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a Local Author Meet & Greet Event include?
- Table set up in the Library Lobby once per quarter from 7-8 PM.
- Library laptop and/or outward facing monitor will be provided upon request.
- Author may sell books at their table, but must provide copies of their book and be responsible for collection of payment.
How do I submit a request to participate in a Local Author Meet & Greet event?
- Complete and submit the online form, opens a new window.
- Submissions must be received at least 30 days prior to the quarterly event date. Limit six authors per event.
- 2022 Event Dates will be held quarterly from 7-8 PM in the Lobby on the second or third Tuesday of the following months: April, July & October.
- Authors will be notified via email within one week of submission of the online form.
- Details of what to expect and prepare for will be outlined in the notification email.
I don’t want to participate in a Meet & Greet Event. How can I get a copy of my book added to the Glenview Public Library’s Local Author Collection?
- See info under Glenview Public Library Local Author Collection below.
Glenview Public Library Local Author Collection
The purpose of the Local Author collection is to recognize and promote literary works written by Glenview authors.
- Local authors must reside in Glenview or have a connection to the Glenview community. Books set in the Glenview area may also be included in this collection.
- This is a donation-based collection; the author agrees to donate a physical copy of the book to the Library.
- The author agrees that GPL makes the final determination.
- Books accepted into the collection become the property of GPL and may be withdrawn according to the Collection Development Plan.
To submit your book for consideration, fill out the application, opens a new window and either send or drop off a copy of your book to:
Glenview Public Library
Attn: Adult Collections Unit Supervisor
1930 Glenview Road
Glenview, IL 60025
Helpful Local Author Resources
A suite of resources – available to everyone in Illinois at no charge – that supports local authors with online creation and publishing tools and allows readers to access locally-produced content.
Soon to be Famous: Illinois Author Project, opens a new window
Check out these helpful online and local resources for aspiring authors.