Youth In-Person Volunteers (Grades 6-12)
If you’re friendly, patient, and enthusiastic about working with children, sign up to become a volunteer at the Glenview Public Library! Youth In-Person Volunteers MUST be in Grades 6-12 and a Glenview Village resident or attend a school served by the Glenview Public Library to apply.
In-Person Volunteers will be able to sign up for up to 2 hours of volunteer work at a time in the Library. Please see below for examples of the types of tasks a volunteer may register to assist with:
- Prep materials for programs and kits.
- Assist Library staff at programs and events.
- Other tasks as assigned by Library staff.
How to Participate
- Fill out this online application.
- Receive an email about your application status within 5 business days.
- Sign up for open volunteer opportunities online.
The Library uses Volgistics volunteer software for data management. Information gathered is for Library use only. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847.729.7500.
Thank you for giving back to your community!
Volunteer @ Home: January 1-31
Turn your old t-shirts into dog tug toys at home to donate to local animal shelters. 2 toys equal 1-hour of service. Drop off your tug toys and receive your volunteer certificate or credit in our online volunteer information center all month long. Find instructions here, opens a new window.