Read at home and earn badges to sew on your backpack, jacket, library bag, or cap.
The Books & Badges program runs from Labor Day to Memorial Day and is open to children age 4-grade 8 with a Glenview Public Library card or who attend a Glenview school.
- Register for a Beanstack account if you do not already have one. Click I am an adult registering a child and fill in the necessary information.
- There will be an option to add more children to your account. Select this option to create a reader profile for each child who wants to participate.
- If you participated in the Summer Reading Challenge, you already have a Beanstack account. Use the same information to log in.
- After signing in, click Log Reading and Activities.
- Select the reader for whom you would like to log from the drop-down menu.
- Select Activities, then click the badge for which your child would like to log.
Please call 847.729.7500 x 7900 or email us if you have any issues with registration or logging.
In-Person Registration & Paper Logging:
- Register at the Youth Services Desk.
- Choose the badge (UPDATE) you want to work toward and pick up your reading log.
- Students may read library books or books from home to meet the requirements for their badge.
- Parents should initial the log after each book is completed.
- Bring your completed log to the Youth Services Desk to collect your badge when the required number of books are read.
For pre-readers who have a parent or sibling reading aloud to them.
- Read-to-Me Again
- Read-to-Me Another
- We Read Together
Independent Reader Badges
For children who are reading independently.
- Audio Books
- Award Books
- Character Counts
- Folk and Fairy Tale
- I Can Read
- I Can Read Many
- I Can Read More
- Marvelous Magazines
- Read Your Choice
- Read Your Choice II
- Reading Around the World
- Scary Stories
- Science Fiction