1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Get ready to read!
For all children birth-age 6
Children start developing skills for reading at birth and caregivers are a child’s first teacher. Give them a head start in school with this new self-guided early literacy program for children birth to age six. This program is open to children with a Glenview Public Library card or who attend a Glenview school or preschool, and runs throughout the year. There is no better time to start than now!
How It Works
Register at the Glenview Public Library Youth Services Desk or online through Beanstack.
- Pick up your 1000 Books Before Kindergarten folder and stamp at the Youth Services Desk.
- Each time you read a book with your child, stamp one pair of Lehigh's glasses on your reading log.
- 1 Pair of glasses = 1 Book
- Repetition is great for learning, so you can read the same title as many times as you’d like!
- Once you’ve reached each 100-book milestone, come to the Youth Services Desk and receive your prize. Keep stopping by until you reach 1000 books!
- When you reach 1000 books, your child receives completion prizes including a brand-new book of their choice.
When Will You Finish?
1 book per day x 3 years = 1095 books
3 books per day x 1 year = 1095 books
10 books per week x 2 years = 1040 books
More Ways to Read
Ebooks, audiobooks, and books read to your child at Library Storytimes count, too!