Irene Overman Kreer Used Book Store
To support Library programs and special projects, the Friends of the Glenview Public Library operate a thriving Used Book Store, conveniently located in the southwest corner of the Library Lobby and open during regular Library hours. Stop by and browse the well-organized collection of hundreds of donated books and other media and take advantage of monthly special offers. New books arrive daily for every age and interest. Support your Library and save.
The Used Book Store is run by a dedicated group of volunteers who sort donations, organize the collection, and staff the sales desk. New volunteers are always welcome. Volunteer applications are available at the Used Book Store entrance or online here.
Unusual and rare titles are sold on Amazon. Avoid shipping costs by picking up your titles at the Used Book Store.
Guidelines for Donations
The Friends of the Glenview Library appreciates every donation and recognizes that the Used Book Store would not exist without the community support. To operate efficiently, we must use every donation to support the library, and, therefore, all items must be in good condition. We cannot accept items that have been wet, show evidence of mold, have broken bindings, or missing covers. Please remember, ”If you wouldn’t read it, don’t donate it.”
Drop off items at the Used Book Store, located in the southwest corner of the Library Lobby.
- Gently used books in good condition
- Fiction or nonfiction books for adults or children
- Classics in good condition
- Recent best-sellers
- Computer/technology books published within the last 3 years
- Textbooks, business, and reference books published within the last 5 years
- Health and medical books published after 2015
- Travel guides published after 2018
- CDs/DVDs in good working condition
- Sheet music and LPs
- Books in poor condition (including damaged, torn, or broken bindings; dirty, moldy, or water damaged pages; or containing highlights, underlining, or markings)
- Encyclopedia sets
- Dated nonfiction
- Binders from classes or seminars with loose materials
- Cassettes/VHS tapes
- Empty CD/DVD cases
- Magazines (including National Geographic)
No magazine donations are being accepted by either the Book Store or the Library.
Donation receipts listing the number and types of books/materials donated are available. We do not place a value on the donation. That is up to you and your tax advisor.
Price List (unless otherwise specially marked)
- Adult Hardcovers $3.00
- Adult & Children’s Large Paperbacks $2.00
- Adult Paperbacks $2.00
- Children’s Hardcovers $2.00
- Children’s Small Paperback (8′ x 8′ max) $0.50
- Magazines & Maps $0.25
- DVD $3.00
- CD/CD-ROM (per disc) $2.00
- Cassettes (each) $0.25
- Phonograph Records $0.50
Paperback books are delivered to the Glenview Train Stations, as a special service to Glenview commuters.